Who is eligible to order?
Students and Staff
University and college students of Swiss higher education institutions who are at least 18 years of age may order from Neptun if the the scope of their studies corresponds to at least a postgraduate course. According to the definition of the Swiss Federation this means:
- The equivalent of at least one year of full time studies consisting of ca. 600 hours of lectures and a thesis.
- For further education courses the number of required lecture hours may be distributed over the the course of several years.
Employees of Swiss institutions of higher education are eligible to place orders. Therefore, all members of the following institutions - students and staff - can order from Projekt Neptun, provided they have reached the age of 18 and meet the above conditions:
- ETHZ / EPFL
- ETH-associated Research Institutes (EAWAG, EMPA, PSI and WSL)
- Swiss Universities
- Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen)
- University Hospitals
- Pädagogische Hochschulen
- Höhere Fachschulen
All teachers from recognised Swiss schools are eligible to order.
High School Students
Students of Swiss high schools or secondary schools (Gymnasium, HF) are eligible to order if they are 18 years of age or older.
Active members of official alumni associations of Swiss institutions of higher education may order from Neptun (membership must be proven). However, it is possible that not all offers will be available for alumni. Restrictions are noted wherever they apply.
Interested educational institutions
Schools that would like to officially participate in Projekt Neptun and would like to recieve information on the offers can contact us via e-mail.
- Max. 2 laptops und 2 tablets per person per academic year for Dell, HP and Lenovo devices
- Max. 1 laptop und 2 tablets per person per academic year for Apple devices
- Max. 2 hybrid-tablet per person per academic year for Microsoft devices
- Other devices / offers according to information on the website, information can also be requested via e-mail
These are not subject to any quantitative restrictions.
The procedure for hardware orders is as follows:
Select the desired model on the Projekt Neptun website. Clicking the shop button will take you to the authentication process.
- Authentication for customers with SwitchAAI login: Select the access with SwitchAAI and log in with the login credentials provided by your university
- Authentication for customers without SwitchAAI authorization: Select access without SwitchAAI and complete the corresponding form; please enter an institutional email address (issued by the school/educational institution). If you do not have such an e-mail address, please get in touch with us.
After successful authentication, you will be forwarded to the respective shop, as our offers are distributed by different suppliers. Add the desired products to the shopping cart in the shop there or check whether the shopping cart contains the desired products. In the further order process the invoice and delivery data as well as the desired payment option can be selected.
Private orders must be paid in advance, either by bank transfer or credit card. Please note that the stated delivery time will be calculated from receipt of payment. Payment by credit card is usually the fastest method of payment, but additional card fees may be charged.
If the customer chooses bank transfer as payment method, the invoice will be sent by e-mail within 24 hours. Customers who do not receive the e-mail incl. an invoice are asked to contact the shop operator as the e-mail may have been blocked or intercepted as spam (check spam folder if necessary).
Institutional orders can be paid by bank transfer, credit card or invoice. A corresponding institute account must be opened with the respective shop operator. Please get in touch with us for further information.
An estimated shipping time is published in the corresponding shops. Standard configurations are usually shipped within shorter time frames than special configurations (e.g. US keyboard, DOS only, etc.).
Devices that have been introduced to the market shortly prior to a Neptun Wave may be subject to delayed shipping. The corresponding information - if available - is published on our website as well as the shop website.
Please note: The estimated delivery date gives you an indication of how long it will take to post your order after receiving cleared payment. Availability of devices may change between order placement and payment reciept (especially in the case of bank transfers which usually take 1 to 2 business days to process).