Who is eligible to order?
Students and Staff
University and college students of Swiss higher education institutions who are at least 18 years of age may order from Neptun if the the scope of their studies corresponds to at least a postgraduate course. According to the definition of the Swiss Federation this means:
- The equivalent of at least one year of full time studies consisting of ca. 600 hours of lectures and a thesis.
- For further education courses the number of required lecture hours may be distributed over the the course of several years.
Therefore, all members of the following institutions - students and employees - can order from Projekt Neptun, provided they have reached the age of 18 and meet the above conditions:
- ETHZ / EPFL
- ETH-associated Research Institutes (EAWAG, EMPA, PSI and WSL)
- Swiss Universities
- Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences
- University Hospitals
- Universities of Teacher Education
- Technical college
- Higher education college
All teachers from recognised Swiss schools are eligible to order, regardless and independent of the school level (primary, secondary I, secondary II), subject and percentage of posts. You can find ordering instructions here.
Pupils of Swiss upper secondary level schools (baccalaureate schools, vocational education, higher technical college) are eligible to order if they are 18 years of age or older. For all students younger than 18 years of age, parents must make the purchase for legal reasons. You can find ordering instructions here.
Active (paying) members of official alumni associations of Swiss universities (membership must be documented) may generally order from Neptun. However, it is possible that not all offers are available for alumni. Please refer to the respective offer information. You can find ordering instructions here.
Interested educational institutions
Schools that would like to officially participate in Projekt Neptun and would like to recieve information on the offers can contact us via e-mail.
- Max. 2 laptops und 2 tablets per person per academic year for Dell, HP and Lenovo devices
- Max. 1 laptop und 2 tablets per person per academic year for Apple devices
- Max. 2 hybrid-tablet per person per academic year for Microsoft devices
- Other devices / offers according to information on the website, information can also be requested via e-mail
These are not subject to any quantitative restrictions.
You do not need a Projekt Neptun user account to place an order.
Select the desired offer on the Projekt Neptun website. Clicking the shop button will take you to the validation process.
- Authentication for customers with SWITCHaai login: Select the access with SWITCHaai and form and log in with the login credentials provided by your university
- Authentication for customers without SWITCHaai login: Select access with SWITCHaai and form and see instructions above, for students, teaching staff and alumni. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via e-mail.
After successful authentication, you will be forwarded to the respective shop, as our offers are distributed by different suppliers. Add the desired products to the shopping cart in the shop there or check whether the shopping cart contains the desired products. In the further order process the invoice and delivery data as well as the desired payment option can be selected.
Private orders must be paid in advance, either by bank transfer or credit card. Please note that the stated delivery time will be calculated from receipt of payment. Payment by credit card is usually the fastest method of payment, but additional card fees may be charged.
If the customer chooses bank transfer as payment method, the invoice will be sent by e-mail within 24 hours. Customers who do not receive the e-mail incl. an invoice are asked to contact the shop operator as the e-mail may have been blocked or intercepted as spam (check spam folder if necessary).
Institutional orders can be paid by bank transfer, credit card or invoice. A corresponding institute account must be opened with the respective shop operator. Please get in touch with us for further information.
An estimated shipping time is published in the corresponding shops. Standard configurations are usually shipped within shorter time frames than special configurations (e.g. US keyboard, DOS only, etc.).
Devices that have been introduced to the market shortly prior to a Neptun Wave may be subject to delayed shipping. The corresponding information - if available - is published on our website as well as the shop website.
Please note: The estimated delivery date is an approximate value, which will be calculated after receipt of payment. The availability of the hardware may change between placing the order and receiving payment. This is especially the case with bank transfers, which are not made immediately and which usually take 1 to 3 working days to process.