Using my laptop efficiently - Projekt Neptun course for teachers
The course for teachers focuses on the correct setup of your laptop and the topic of security.
The courses take place at our premises at ETH Zurich Campus Hönggerberg (Peter-Debye-Weg 13, 8049 Zurich). The content is taught in German and is geared towards Windows laptops (clamshells or convertibles). The courses are held with a minimum of 7 participants.
Goal: Get to know your device; initial setup, how to make important adjustments, recognize and correct the most common errors.
Theory and practical work with the support of our staff on site.
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
- Getting to know the device: connections, functions, power supply / battery, pen, warranty
- Setting up the device and keeping it up to date: presentation of the most important settings and tools
- Data backup - backup strategy: data storage, configuring the backup on your own device
- Data organization: productive storage and organization of data
- Passwords: handling and securing passwords
- Security on the internet: basic awarness raising on the topic of cybersecurity
- Support: where can I get what kind of support if I can't solve a technical problem myself?
- Wednesday, 7 August 2024, from 14:00
- Friday, 9 August 2024, from 17:00
Further course dates, e.g. also locally at a school can be requested via e-mail if interested.