Using my laptop efficiently for school - Projekt Neptun course for pupils
About this course
Are you just starting vocational school, middle school or gymnasium and will be using a laptop every day in class? We support you with two course modules to use your device as safely and efficiently as possible in class.
The courses take place at our premises at ETH Zurich Campus Hönggerberg. The content is taught in German.
Requirements for participation
In order for you to participate in this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are a pupil
- You own a Windows laptop or convertible that you would like to use for your education
What you will learn in this course
The course program is divided into two modules, each lasting about 2.5 to 3 hours. In each module you will learn useful tips and tricks on how to use your Windows laptop or convertible in everyday school life. The modules can be booked individually or as a package.
Goal: To get to know your working device; to make important settings.
Theory and practical work with support from our staff on site.
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
- Getting to know the device: connections, functions, power supply / battery, pen, warranty
- Setting up the device and keeping it up to date: presentation of the most important settings and tools
- Data backup - backup strategy: data storage, configuring the backup on your own device
- Passwords: handling and securing passwords
- Security on the internet: basic awarness raising on the topic of cybersecurity
Goal: Get to know and apply tools, tips & tricks for efficient work.
Theory and practical exercises by Projekt Neptun staff on site.
Duration: 2.5 hours
- Research: use of the most important research tools
- Organizing and planning tools: presentation of and introduction to practical tools
- Data organization: productive storage and organization of data
Costs and dates
- Module 1: CHF 125.-/person
- Module 2: CHF 125.-/person
- Both modules: CHF 200.-/person
- Thursday, 8 August, from 13:00, module 1 & 2
- Saturday, 10 August, from 10:00, module 1 & 2
Still not sure? Sign up here to be reminded of the course after the laptop sale.
- ETH Zürich Campus Hönggerberg, Peter-Debye-Weg 13, 8049 Zürich
The courses are held with a minimum of 7 participants. Maximum number of participants per course: 15.